Antique Art Deco Australian 18ct / Platinum Diamond Half Hoop By ‘Catanach’ Circa 1935
History of G.W. Catanach, Catanachs.
Founded in Elizabeth Street Melbourne in 1873 by George Catanach who himself was a working jeweller and diamond setter trained in London.
Within two years George has progressed from one assistant to 12 and relocated to the premises at Little Collins Street.
By 1890 Catanachs had in their employ some 30 to 40 craftsmen and assistants.
Known as a major manufacturer in Australia throughout the 1880’s and early 1890’s and in the course of their expansion the firm became G.W. Catanach and Co. in 1883.
George was a foundation member of the Manufacturing Jewellers’ Association of Victoria.
Their mark “CATANACH’ was registered in 1926.
At some stage they moved to their current premises at High Street Armadale where their continue to to provide the public with their beautiful jewellery.
Please note boxes are for display only
Laybys available on all items $400 and over. Contact us for more details.
All our items are antique or vintage unless otherwise stated. Condition will be described, it is the responsibility of the buyer to read descriptions and view photos.
Prior to purchase, please view our Purchase Guide & Return Policy. All purchases within Australia will be sent via express post as a complimentary service.International rates apply. Please view our Shipping & Delivery Policy for more details
Please note: any duties imposed by countries for importing our items are the buyers responsibility