One of the most beautiful and elegant early Australian rings we have had the pleasure of offering for sale.
Hand crafted around the 1940’s, by iconic Angus and Coote, in 18ct yellow gold and platinum with a central coronet set approx 0.25ct diamond with the most beautiful ornate ribbon work bezel setting which hold the diamond securely. Diamond is eye clean and estimated as VS1, colour G/H.
In stepped down fashion the central diamond is flanked by two four claw set 0.03ct diamonds which are suspended openwork cup set ( see profile photos of this ring ) and appeal to float!
To tapered upswept shoulders to a tapering band.
This is a quality ring. Angus and Coote is renowned in Australian and was founded in 1895 by William Angus and Edmund J. Coote. By then end of WWI A & C was a substantial propriety company with showrooms occupying both sides of the old Royal Arcade at 492-496 George Street.
If you are looking for an (almost) antique engagement ring look no further, this one ticks all the boxes.
Approx 0.25ct Central diamond
Approx 0.03 x 2 Flanking diamonds
Face of ring 1cm
Height from finger 6.5mm at highest point
‘A & C’
O or 17.5mm diameter
US 7 1/4
Lovey condition, setting and claws all secure. No wear or chips to diamonds. Band is originally a tapered shank and there is very slight thinning to very back of band, however our jeweller has assessed as having 10 years minimum before any thickening is needed.
Please note boxes are for display
Laybys available on all items $500 and over. Contact us
for more details.
All our items are antique or vintage unless otherwise stated. Condition will be described, it is the responsibility of the buyer to read and view photos.
Prior to purchase, please view our Purchase Guide & Return Policy
. All purchases within Australia will be sent via express post as a complimentary service.International rates apply. Please view our Shipping & Delivery Policy
for more details